Monday 16 October 2017

Brutalist Edit



This edit is in the style of Simon Phipps because of the harsh edges and the dark ora the building gives off. I have adjusted the colour of the picture to black and white so that I am working in his brutalist style however the picture was already part of the brutalism art movement as the building is made out of concrete. I have adjusted the colour to represent when the building would’ve been made and the lack of empathy we feel towards the building. I have taken the picture from a low angle to connote how the building makes us feel subordinate as it towers over us.I have also focused on leading lines through the use of the pillars which lead your eyes to the top of the building. I would improve this image by showing the desolation of the building more by showing the empty entrance of the building. I used a small shutter speed and a small aperture so the picture wasn’t overexposed because it was sunny when I took the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment