Thursday 19 October 2017

Cubism Edit



This is my cubist edit in the style of Stephen McNally. I created this image by printing a picture of the town hall that i had taken, one in colour and another in black and white. I then sliced the black and white picture into strips and blocks and stuck certain bits of it onto the original in cubes and strips. This is in the style of the art movement of cubism. This shows the contrast between the black and white and the colour. I would improve this recreation by making the squares more obvious as the two pictures sort of merge together. When taking the picture I focused on light by taking the picture as a wide shot from a slightly tilted angle to connote how subordinate we are made to feel by the building. I have used a fast shutter speed and a small aperture because it was a bright day so that the picture wasn’t overexposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment